Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Niwot Tavern

New Restaurant #4:

Niwot Tavern
7960 Niwot Rd.
Niwot, CO

Sunday, May 6th, Paul & I headed into the little town I grew up by for lunch. We wanted something different & hadn't tried yet. The Tavern has been in this shopping area for a while, I had been drivin by it all this time.
Tuesday night my brother was raving about their pickles.... and, well, that was it. I'm sold on fried pickles.
Paul & I started the meal with the fried pickles, which were spears. They were AMAZING!!! Almost as good as So Long Saloon's in Manhattan, KS. Paul also had me try them with peanut butter. Something he had tried a few years back & every time he wants me to try 'em nobody has PB until now. It was alright, but I LOVE ranch!
Maine course I ordered an Adult Grill Cheese: American, Swiss, Bacon, Tomato. It was amazing! The fries were also really good, crispy just like I like them. Paul ordered the Sunday special all-you-can-eat fish & chips with a side of cole slaw. I had to taste the fish, agreement on the taste, fabulous! He also enjoyed the fries. However, the slaw was not creamy enough for him or me.
I enjoyed the atmosphere. A lot of oak furniture, booths, & bar with mirrors. The service was prompt & very nice.
Prices were average. Pickles were $6.50ish & sandwiches were a little more. I also noticed they have happy hour daily from 4-6. Not only on drinks but with appetizers, pickles at $4.50.
They have a room for hosting parties or meetings. Holidays they offer certain specials, for instance on Mother's Day they're having complimentary flowers & food specials of Brioche French Toast with Bacon & Fresh Fruit for $8.50 and Apricot Glazed Chicken with Pommes Annna & Tender Asparagus for $12.95.
If you're ever in the little, loaded town of Niwot, Colorado, stop by cottonwood square for a drink & snack at Niwot Tavern. If you're not into bar food there's also a really good Chinese place, among other restaurants.

~ Cheers ~

No comments: