Saturday, May 26, 2012

First Bike Ride

Well, tested the route to work this early afternoon. Tucked my phone into my bra (as I don't have one of those fancy arm band thingys) after I started the MapMyRun application. It can gps track your walks/runs/biking/etc. It's other features include sharing online, all your plugged in workouts, a nutrition area (yuck! How sad is it that I even feel bad plugging in what I ate - that's probably the point though), & your profile.
My route was 2.61 miles to my 'campus' front gate, to my door I would make it a full 3. There are also some hills, they way home is rougher then on the way there for sure! It took me 16 minutes. I don't think that's too bad for someone in my condition & that hasn't ridden a bike since 2009. Oh, and I did NOT get off & walk up the hill - as much as I wanted to though.
I also learned a few things about my bike.... I need a new one.
 - Breaks... front = weak, rear = ummm all I see is rust & a spring
- Tires ... front = good, rear = are you flat or am I just a lard butt looking downward?
- Gears ... turn with my hands = click. click. no change. click. click.
Oh well, it works for the time being I suppose. I am actually kind of excited to roll in every day.

Get Fit Quote of the Day:

If you're tired of starting over, Stop giving up.

2 comments:

Home on the Range Exchange said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Home on the Range Exchange said...

GREAT quote, it can apply to so many things in life!