Friday, June 1, 2012

C25K With A Side Of Corny Rice

This post was written late Thursday night only didn't get posted till now.


No bike or Jeep today thanks to the rain last night. However, by the time 7pm rolled around Paul & I were off to do our Couch to 5K, Week 1 Day 2 routine. We took a different route today, turns out there's hills no matter which way you head out of our driveway. Our stats were: 2.04 miles at 14.41 per mile. So, about the same as last time. I had one if those 'little engine that could' moments on this jaunt. It took all the emotional coaxing to not walk up this hill, but I did it!
Oh, and thanks to all the lunges I've done this week I almost was stuck on a toilet this morning. You know those really low sitting ones, & my muscles couldn't' take a squat that early in the morning.

For dinner we tried a new Pinterest recipe: chicken rice bake. It was really easy to make only it was slightly bland. Here's the recipe, maybe y'all have any suggestions into what to add.
2 chicken breasts
4 cups brown rice (I used that pre made stuff in the bags-uncle bens).
3/4 cups frozen corn
15 ounces (1can) black beans (drained & Rinsed)
1 cup Greek plain yogurt (or sour cream)
4 ounce can fluid chilies
1/2 cup salsa
1 cup low fat cheddar plus a little extra for topping.
Cilantro

Preheat oven: 350. Cook chicken. Add all except cilantro. Season with salt & pepper. Transfer to oven safe dish. Top with some cheddar. Bake 20-25 minutes until heated all the way through. Garnish with cilantro.

P.S. weighed in this morning at 200lbs. NOT happy with that at all. I REALLY need to work on my eating habits! I just love food ... Any tips???

1 comment:

Home on the Range Exchange said...

well tips on weight loss......I love food too, I just get stubborn and say Im losing weight anyway. I cut out all dessert/sweets and most carb(breads & pasta mostly). It really helped!