Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Triceps, Biceps, & Deltoids. Oh My!



While hosing at work today, I looked at my arms & decided it's an arm day! Pinterest arm search brought me to this:
It's originally from a Women's Health Magazine article, "Arm Exercises for Women: Get Sleek, Sexy Arms." I especially enjoy workouts with pictures, because who knows what all those laterals, burpees, extensions, kickbacks, & climbers are. This routine called to do each exercise 15 times then start over & do each one 3 times (ie. 3 sets - 15 reps). Do without stopping in between. I also added 10 push ups into the routine (30 total). Then ended with 7 tricep dip things (hold a chair, w/knees bent, & dip your butt & feel the burn in your tri's).
It took me about 15 minutes to complete.
During my arm search, I found a new motivation/tip site, Skinny Ms. It has daily workouts, monthly challenges, slow cooker recipes, nutrition information, tips, and FAQs. I am now following them on FB & bookmarked the site to return to for tips, recipes, & different routines.

Paul & I also completed Week 2 Day 2 of Couch-to-5K.
        Results:  2.16 miles at 14.21 per mile.
The path we took was a slightly different one in our neighborhood. Still has hills - every path around our house has them - & lots of shade. We totally thought we were faster but oh well. Overall, this one I felt great afterwards... my breathing is becoming better during the jogging part & I don't get as exhausted. After Wk 2 Day1 my knee was killing me, hence not doing anything yesterday to give it a rest. So, I was a little hesitant to start today, but after the first jog/walk rotation the pain went away. Although, I can feel it coming back so I'm gonna go drink water & chill with a bag of ice & my book (The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson). 

Today's Get Fit Quote:
workouts, workouts, workouts!


No comments: