Monday, June 25, 2012

Ab - Packed!

No, I'm not talking about the movie Magic Mike releasing this Friday... Although, I can't wait to get a glimpse of all those 6 & 12 packs on the big screen.
I'm actually talking about a pin that I found, the 300/30day ab challenge. I completed day one! annnndd .... OUCH! My core is feeling it. Along with my lower back. Yes, I know I have been slacking lately but I feel like I have some motivation back since my knee & ankle are feeling better. I have been doing my 6 pages of therapy exercises... yay! Haven't done much else besides swimming at the lake! (Blog later). Reason for choosing this pin: I'm a sucker for before & after photos, like on this blog. Plus, the links to the blog, "2012...My last fat year,"which I don't think this program originated here but her blog is cute & I like the exercise pictures. Supposibly, this is the P90X ab program... I wouldn't know, haven't gone that hardcore... yet ;)

This 15 minute challenge consists of:
NOTE: It took me longer than 15 & before looking at the pictures I had NO clue what some of these even were.
  • In-N-Outs - 25 reps Did good with these
  • Bicycles - 25 reps  tough but do-able
  • Reverse Bicycles - 25 reps
  • Crunchy Frogs - 25 reps one I have never done but was kinda fun
  • Cross leg/Wide leg Sit-ups - 25 reps scheesh! haven't done a FULL sit-up in ages
  • Scissors (hold 3 sec) - 25 reps ouch! these were hard as my flexibility is awful (can't keep legs straight)
  • Hip Butt Ups - 25 reps haha! felt a little dirty doing these
  • Heels to Heavens - 25 reps started to really feel 'em after 15
  • Roll-up V-ups - 25 reps ha! could only do the first part... I have no balance to do the 'V' part
  • Leg Climbers - 12 reps each side did but needs more work due to my legs not straightening
  • Kayakers - 50 fast or as many as you can... I got in 30, these are also one of my favorite, like to add the medicine ball or any weight.
 
the pin I followed

No comments: