Monday, May 2, 2011

Just Another Gal...

... Miranda Lambert, that is. I not only LOVE her music but I just think she is another all around country lady. This Texas native can belt some tunes, but she has also started MuttNation Foundation which is a Foundation that raises funds in order to support other organizations and governmental institutions or entities whose purpose is to build animal shelters for better care; increase pet adoption and encourage responsible pet guardianship; rehabilitate sick or unsocialized animals; fund spay/neuter programs; reduce/eliminate euthanasia of healthy animals; and train shelter dogs for purposes of therapy programs, assistance for wounded military personnel and dogs-in-prisons programs.

 However, she's not your normal celebrity pet lover... she owns a 700 acre ranch in Oklahoma next to her soon to be hubby's ranch. Here she enjoys her off time of outdoor fun, fishing, & hunting. This farm raised girl truly knows the difference between a pet animal and a food animal. Which brings me to the reason I wrote this post. I was catching up on my blog reading and checked out Crystal.Cattle's post about food animals mentioning Ms. Lambert's opinion on the topic. I went to her Health magazine article and read the interview (which you can also do), but my favorite question was:

                                      Q: Was it hard slaughtering animals that were your pets?

                     A: Dad would give us two rabbits as our pets, or we’d have one pig we could name. They explained that not every animal was a pet—some were providing for our family. It sounds weird to other people, but I look at it like, there are some animals you feed and some animals that feed you.

This quote gave me an all new respect for her because
nowadays these actors, actresses, musicians "google"
animal cruelty and join some Peta/HSUS organization
and don't even realize what they are supporting. I hope
she further spreads the word of her Foundation,  
continues her awesome doggie saving duties, and and
doesn't fall into the mainstream ways.

And of coarse if I could talk to her I would wish her luck
in her wedding & up coming year! Here is one of my favorite
songs by Miranda Lambert: 'The House That Built Me.'
~Enjoy~




No comments: