Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Strawberries with a zip!

A few weekends back for my friends bachlorette party I decided to get a little creative!

It all started with my new addiction site Pinterest, I tend to collect recipes & delicious appearing dishes or drinks. I stumbled upon Strawberry Margarita Jello shots... only they were actually served in the strawberry. This one fit the bill for Jaclyn's bachlorette party! It took me two nights to make them and paid off in the end as they were DE-Lish!!! :)

First, the strawberries need a place to sit up
 
of coarse I had to make it appealing

and it had to sit up off the bottom so the bottom of the strawberries were able sit in the holes

At bed, bath, & beyond I found a strawberry pitter, it worked alright, a knife would've probably worked. Then I dipped them in sugar. If I do it again I would save the sugar dipping until after the jello has set up, the berries produce too much juice with sugar

the Jello! My dad taught me some tricks with jello making, he's a pro jello shot maker! Have boiling water ready & put ice in the measured out alcohol portion to make it "chilled" then you can either pull out the cube right before you add the booze or after you've stirred it into the jello mix. Since they were Margaritas of coarse I used Tequila for the kick

key limes, regulars would probably work too

my mess! I had left over jello from the strawberries so I made just regular margarita shots



They look pretty cute... and delivered quite the bite!!

the finished product!!!

they took a little work but were amazing in the end!

Hope you enjoy them as much as I did  :)

1 comment:

Home on the Range Exchange said...

Creative AND cute. Thanks for sharing. Im going to add this to my recipe and event planning collection!