Thursday, November 17, 2011

Weekend Mania

This past weekend, I took Big Blue (Paul's truck) down to Wichita Friday night for the American Agri-Women conference. I was unable to make the first few days, but I arrived just in time to help put together some awesome decorations... KUDOS to the Bammerlin ladies for working their tails off... along with the rest of the decoration committee! This was my first conference & I am excited to hit up next years in Colorado! After a night of 'taste testing' wines & getting my sleeping arrangements re-located at 3am (I think) I was ready to go home Sunday for a little bit of rest.
Now, I'm taking a break while getting ready to head to the 'The Big High Five' state... Michigan... with Paul. This will be another little test, a 13 hour drive, which I'm confident we'll pass. Saturday, I'm going to get my Blue & Maize on tailgating for the Michigan vs. Nebraska game. Sunday, Paul just informed me they're having a family dinner, including lots of family it sounds like *yikes*- I always get nervous meeting the 'in-laws even though I'm sure it'll be fine. I told Paul I just want to see a lighthouse, as I have never seen one before, let alone been anywhere up in that Northern area. I'm excited!!
I better get back to packing :p

P.S. on an engagement update: I did make a dress trying on appointment this week for when my mom & sister come to town in December :)

1 comment:

Home on the Range Exchange said...

THANK YOU THANK YOU for coming to convnetion. I am excited for you to become more involved with KAW. Your help was much appreciated.

Oh, and we are good friends, just wanted to clear that up ;) hahah