Wednesday, August 4, 2010

oh Cooper...

The past two endurance walks... 4 miles. I took the same route I have been taking, over the hills. I also took Cooper with me. Only this time we came across some horses. Now, Cooper does absolutely fine if they are just standing there. However, after about 50yards of just staring at each other, one of the horses gets a wild kick and gets the others running. Cooper thinks it's a game - did I mention he is still ON the leash - he goes running & bouncing in their direction with me attached. Finally, we get past... little turd! As we head back, I had him off the leash, after much coaxing he stayed on the road past the horses, thankfully too, because the owner was out feeding and I don't think she would've been too impressed with a 100ish pound dog chasing her horses.
It took me 75 minutes to do the 4 miles. A little sore, feet hot, a blister...sad I know, but oh well, that's why they call it training. I'm not quiting either!!! - that's what I just keep repeating to myself. This next week I need to stay more on top of my training that's for sure!!!

No comments: