Thursday, October 8, 2009

~ RUGBY ~

RUCK! MAUL! SCRUM!




RUGBY --- I LOVE this game! I started playing back in fall of 05 & continued playing through spring '07. I was even the pres. of the club in'06. Unfortunetly, I was having some personal problems & quit..... Stupid! BUUUUTTT.... Now I'm BACK!! older and more out of shape that's for damn sure. So, I started working out about 3 weeks prior to going to my first practice at the end of Aug. My goal Alumni game, Labor day weekend. 'T' a girl I started playing with was now the coach due to some falling out w/our other one. I give her props! There are consistant show of players, which is excellent! compared to back when, when our average was 8.


Some of you may have never heard of rugby or when you have its a grusome relation..... which is exactly what I thought when I saw "rugby info meeting 6pm" on the sidewalk. But, I went! and now I'm addicted! Even if I can't play, I love the game. I recommend you look up clips or whatever to get the idea. It's played w/15 players, 80min (40halves), no pads, no pausing between plays, and a "social" afterwars (aka: drinking & singing). You may be enemies on the field, but afterwards you are boozing fenatics who know some crazy songs & traditions.


Anyways, went back to practice. Sore as hell.... I have to get up before work & get on the eliptical to work out the soreness to make it through the day. Plus, I got a killer bruise. (picture somewhere on here) That's another thing.... Bruises aren't ugly, they are bragging rights... um awards, the bigger more colorful the better!


Then Saturday rolled around..... Alumni Gameday!! This was our first Women's alumni game, so we had 8 or so. It was pretty nice, we had more than we expected. Played a 3x15 game (3-15minute sections), got the rookies in. My heels were killing me (they had been all week, but I still suited up). Alumni ended up loosing in the end. Then we went to the Rugby house for the social..... drank lots, my feel swelled out of my shoes & I hobbled around like and old lady. Then to the Bars!!





After that weekend, I went to work until Wednesday.... I couldn't even walk to my car. Went to the Doc (which she was full of shit - don't like em) and I have Achilis Tendonitis! I had to ice bath 3times a day & strech. Plus, I had to stay off my feet for the next 4days. Didn't make it to practice but one day to tell the girls what was up. I couldn't even stay.... it hurt just to stand. Then, a week later Tourney time. War of the Roses in Norman, OK!! I went, well it was on the team, and I was the water bitch, basically. We were last to arrive friday night. I got to sleep on the wonder blue n gold carpet. Next morning breakfast & 9:30 kickoff! First match, Truman State. And Note this was also our rookies first "real" game. Truman state..... well, we coulda had um if it wasn't for this one fast girl. There was a lot that need fixen but we'll get it. Next game, 11:30 OU.








1st picture: we are kicking the ball to OU. 2nd picture: this is a scrum (16 people fighting for the ball) oh, and the # on your back is the position you play, not some # you picked.


We lost, again. So, then we ate and we supposed to have another game at 2:30 vs. OSU. We met up with them. They were unprepared to begin with (you have to CIPP your players, so many to play, they didn't so couldn't play unless we gave them players). Oh this is another thing that's done in Rugby. Whoring out players. When the opposing team is short a few and you have extra, you whore out those players so they have a full team. If they are true ruggers, they will play fair for that team. It's all about getting to play the game! Anyways, they wanted to settle with drinking games & we wanted to play.... So, we loaned them like 1/2 a team. Basically, played ourselves. Our teamates scored more than half of their points. We won.

After showers & team dinner we were off to the social! Each team had a costume theme. We were superheroes. I was "G" for gettel. couldn't come up with a name. It was a blast!



















































No comments: